There are so many tips and tools out there for loosing weight and keeping it off, and most of them sound overwhelming or unrealistic Especially when you are just beginning your journey, it seems like there is so much change, and you feel like the way you’ve been living for last x amount of years is all wrong. Trust me we know we’ve been there. The goal is to create long lasting healthy habits, and that takes time, trial and error, lots and lots of learning, and educating yourself. When we first started our weight loss journey we didn’t know squat about getting healthy, or even where to begin. We made it our mission to learn as much as we could, and see what worked best for us.
The trick is to make small changes everyday. You don’t have to do everything all at once. Take the pressure off yourself and breath a little bit. This will benefit you in the long run, because taking baby steps each day seems more doable and less scary, then taking a giant leap into the unknown. When we feel overwhelmed or confused we tend to hang it up all together, and that doesn’t benfit anyone.
So we wanted to share with you 11 super easy tips that will help you loose weight and keep it off for good. Just try something new everyday. So maybe if you tend to have a soda for lunch, you swap that out with a water. Or if you have bread every night with dinner, maybe swap that out for a green veggie. By implementing very small changes each and everyday, you are creating long lasting healthy behaviors. Those healthy behaviors get easier and easier over time, and before you know it your in the groove and are living a sustainable, healthy lifestyle!!
Today’s focus will just be on loosing weight. These 11 tips make it simple to loose weight, keep it off, and make healthier decisions.
1.Drink water-No brainer right? Hunger is often confused with dehydration. Next time you feel like having a snack, have a glass of water instead and see how you feel. Aim to get in 8 glasses a day.
A little Sip-Tip: Adding lemon to your water, cleanses out the toxins lurking in your system, and also revs up your metabolism- which means for you-YOUR BURNING MORE CALORIES!! We always begin each day, before we have breakfast with warm water and juice from 1/2 lemon. Great way to kick off the day!
2. Eat Carbs– REAL carbs- Carbs are your friend, we promise. You need carbs for energy and fuel to keep you moving. It’s all about what type of carbs your eating Replace refined carbs like white bread, pasta, bagels, and candies, with complex carbs AKA the Good Carbs! These will be your fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes. The complex carbs have fiber so they are going to keep you full longer. Complex carbs also slow down digestion helping to promote stable blood sugars. We want to stay away from those dreadful blood sugar spikes that make us feel a little cray- and cause our bodies to store fat!! Save the treats for your special meal.
3. Eat FAT– Healthy FATS- It’s such a misconception that fat makes you fat! The body needs fat for energy, healthy hair, skin, nails, vitamin absorption, and everyday bodily functions. Stay away from Trans fats that are found in all the processed garbage and get your fat sources from healthier options like nuts, seeds, avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, and fish.
4. Eat Lean Protein-Our bodies need protein for energy, and to help our muscles grow big and strong! When choosing your protein source aim for leaner-less fatty options like eggs, fish, nuts, seeds, legumes, chicken, turkey, and tofu.
5. Eat breakfast– This is a big one. Think about it, your body has been out of commission for the past 8 hours, and it’s running on fumes. The morning is time to replenish the fuel, and jumpstart your metabolism, getting you prepared for your day. When we skip breakfast, we tend to become HANGRY mid morning. We all know what happens with we get Hangry, we go straight for the bag of pretzels or cookies in the break room. Let’s not get to this point friends. Aim for Protein, fiber ,and carbs for your breaky, so you’ll stay satisfied for a few hours. We have green protein smoothies pretty much every morning. They are super filling, quick, and taste delicious.
6. Eat more frequently– This may sound counter-productive- but it’s important to balance food intake throughout the day to help maintain normal blood sugar. Eating small meals every 3 hours or so decreases the changes of binging when hunger strikes. Feeding your body on a regular basis lets it know food is available and it’s okay to burn energy rather than convert and store it as fat.
7. Exercise– Exercise is the best medicine. It’s our number one stress reliever. After a great sweat session your mood is instantly improved from the spike in endorphins and serotonin Try to be active at least 30 minutes a day, everyday to help keep your body strong and lean. We always say your 30 minutes aways from a good mood!
8. Have a healthy outlet to manage stress– Stress wreaks havoc on our bodies in more ways than one. When it comes to your weight- stress releases cortisol which stores fat, and slows you metabolism. Ovi not good for the waist line. Try meditating, deep breathing, yoga, hiking, writing, reading, whatever it is that relaxes you, and brings you joy- incorporate that into your daily routine.
9. Catch some ZZZZ’s– Sleep is so important for overall health, and especially weight loss. Lack of sleep effects your energy balance, metabolism, and appetite. Abnormal Leptin and gherlin levels- hormones that tell your body- “I’m full, stop eating” decrease when you are sleep deprived. Research shows that those who sleep five hours or less a night, weigh five pounds or more than those getting seven hours of shut eye per night. Sleep More, Eat & Weigh Less- sounds like a good plan.
10. Learn to cook– Even the healthiest choices at restaurants still pack more fat and calories than your home cooked option. Cooking meals at home allows you to control portion sizes, the quality of ingredients, and cuts your intake of sodium, fat and calories. Creating healthy, homemade meals, can be fun, and so rewarding!
11. Practice Self Love everyday– This one actually should have been first. This is the most important thing you can do for yourselves. We must take the time each day to pause and show ourselves a little love. We tend to over work, and run on fumes all day, by the time we get home our tank is half empty, and we don’t have anything else to give. We are all busy, but you have to show up for yourself, before you show up for anyone else. Your not doing anyone any favors, by running on half empty, and giving a half ass version of yourself. We have 24 hours a day, let’s take 20 minutes at least, to honor ourselves, and do something that fills us up, and brings us joy. Your family and friends will thank you!!
We created an awesome FREE 30 minute-FULL BODY workout– you can ANYTIME-ANYWHERE. NO EQUIPMENT NEEDED!! Check it out, and get your sweat on with us!!
Kim & Eran
Let us know what your number one tip is for sustaining a Happy, Healthy, Lifestyle! Leave a comment below:)
Let’s Stay Connected:
For more Health & Lifestyle Tips and Tools head over to our Website
Find us on Facebook
Don’t forget about Instagram: