This is hands down one of our absolute FAV go to SWEET TREATS!! It literally tastes like warm apple pie straight from the oven, except without all the added sugar, and fat, and best of all, it’s takes less than 20 minutes to make!! This recipe is good for one person, if your sharing with your sweet, than just double all the ingredients! Enjoy!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 Granny Smith Apple- you can use any apple of your choosing. We prefer Granny because they have a bit of bitterness about them, that mixes well with the cinnamon, and they have less sugar than other apples.
- 1 tbs of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- coconut oil spray for the pan- ( optional- just keeps the apples from sticking to the pan.)
HOW TO MAKE:
- Cut apples into thin slices
- Coat pan with a little coconut oil spray, add in the coconut oil to pan, and let melt on medium heat.
- When oil is melted- toss in apples and cinnamon, and sauté over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until the apples get nice and soft.
- Stir apples occasional to make sure they are coated and cooking evenly.