Frittata’s are awesome because they are easy to make- (much easier than an omelette right- We haven’t been able to master the infamous flip. lol) Anyways they are delicious, healthy, and you can enjoy them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can really add any veggies, meats or cheeses you like, that’s what makes them so fun!! It’s like making your own pizza pie, minus all the fat, grease, and extra calories!
We love to add goat cheese to our’s- it’s a stronger cheese, and it just adds so much flavor to the eggs!! This is one of our fav go to’s especially when we are trying to lower our carb intake for dinner. We make it once and eat it for days! Those are the best kinds of meals right?!!
What you’ll need:
There is no exact measuring of veggies we use. We like ALOT of veggies and we just make sure we throw in enough to have veggies with every bite. We find if you put the cooked veggies in the frittata pan first, it’s easy to pour the egg over it, and it all fits together so nicely!!
- 8 eggs
- Goat cheese- you can use however much you prefer- just enough to spread out over the entire frittata
- 1 small red pepper
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic
- 1 Tbs olive oil
How to make:
- Sauté onions in a pan with olive oil- on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes
- Mix in the mushrooms and pepper and sauté for another 3 minutes or so- until the veggies are cooked through
- Toss in spinach and let it cook down, about 2 minutes- flavor with salt, pepper, and garlic
- Pour mixed veggies into greased frittata pain
- Whisk eggs together in bowl, with salt, pepper, and garlic
- Pour eggs overtop veggies
- Cover the top with goat cheese
- Cook at 425 for about 20 minutes-making sure the egg has cooked all the way through
- We like to put on the broiler the last few minutes to get the cheese golden brown and crispy
- Hot sauce