Soups are a major staple in our diets. We love to make a big batch, and eat it throughout the week. Soup is hearty, healthy, filling, and so versatile! Soup makes it easy and fun to play around with different flavors, and ingredients, creating a yummy meal every time.
We usually don’t play favorites with our soups, but this is definitely one of our top contenders! This soup is so creamy and decadent- minus the cream and coconut milk that adds extra unnecessary calories. It’s perfect for those cool fall days, cozied up by the fire, curled up in your jammies!!
What you’ll need:
- 1 medium to large butternut squash, peeled & cut into cubes ( about 4 cups)- to prepare butternut squash- peel the the skin off the squash with a vegetable peeler. Cut squash in half, and remove the seeds, and strings from the inside. Chop into small pieces.
- 8 large carrots- chopped into smaller pieces
- 1/2 White onion- peeled- root end attached
- 1 granny smith apple- cut and cored
- 1/2 garlic bulb- keep garlic in it’s peel- this will prevent burning while baking
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 3 tsp of celtic salt
- 1 tsp of ground pepper
- 4 cups of veggie broth
- 2 veggie bullion cubes ( optional- adds extra flavor)
- 3/4 tbs of yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tbs of raw honey
- 1/4 cup of cashews
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to 400
- Place the sliced, apple, squash, carrots, onion, and garlic in a container, and drizzle the olive oil, salt & pepper on top, and mix all together.
- Arrange on 2 baking sheets, and roast for about 25-30 minutes, until soft, and slightly golden.
- Remove garlic from skin, and toss all ingredients into vitamix or blender, add in the honey, ginger, curry powder, and broth
- Blend until smooth and creamy- about 90 seconds
- If you have a small blender, you can throw all the ingredients into a pot, and use an immersion blender to mix until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top